Monday, February 4, 2013

AngstBot

Here come the AlphaBots!!

I decided my theme would be Artificial Emotional Intelligence. Each bot will represent an emotion. Should be fun!

I also decided (probably very foolishly) that AlphaBots would be the perfect opportunity to teach myself Adobe Illustrator. (AI for AI, get it?) I've used it now & again for some type/lettering work, but I've never tried to make an image with it before. It's a whole new world & cranking out this simple little bot nearly drove me crazy! I'm still not at all happy with the gradients & such. I hope when I learn the ropes a little more I can touch him up, poor fellow.

Appropriately enough, I started the alphabet with angst-- I certainly felt enough of it as I was attempting this effort!

The background text/texture is imported from Photoshop, as is the little belt buckle ornament, but everything else is AI. Wish me luck with this project! I hope the next one doesn't take this long!

5 comments:

  1. Looks great! If you ever have any AI questions, just let know… I may or may not be able to help—but I do use it quite a lot in my design-life. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Melinda, that is a very dangerous offer! I have more questions than you could possibly imagine! ;-)

      Delete
  2. Oh boy, the talk of illustration software is enough to give me the chills. I had those software and even a bamboo pen and don't know where it is now. Oh gee. I am so old fashioned. This bot is cute. Looks like a golden amulet! Have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's pretty cool. I've dabbled in Illustrator, but very little. You are much more advanced than I am. ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. re: your comment: I read recently that introverts detest small talk (as you say 'with a passion'), and only long for deep, meaningful conversation. They also need a lot of time alone to recharge themselves. Extroverts are just the opposite, needing to be around large groups of people. Now I know why I also hate small talk. I am an INTROVERT!

      Delete