Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Curiously Contiguous Creatures

This is my hundredth oddment post! (That's only counting the ones with critters in 'em.) Frankly I'm a little surprised that I've made it this far, & I thought I should do something special for the occasion, but I was drawing a blank, so I just decided to do 100 little oddments, all jammed in together like a jigsaw puzzle. I hope I counted right! It got confusing after a while.

It would have been nice to color these, but then I'd never get it done on time! In general, making all these oddments fit into my life has been quite a puzzle in itself, but overall I'm glad I decided to give it a try. Thanks for cheering me on! Now we'll see if I make it to my actual goal, a full year of oddments. I'm over halfway there! :-)

Pencil on paper, plain & simple. ~7.5"x4"

8 comments:

  1. I gotta say I find all your Oddments fascinating and lovely. A hearty congratulations on this 100th piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant!!!!
    LOVE the fact that they are in black and white too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how you do it, Leah. All your art seems like it would take a lot of time to finish. You must be very fast.
    This one would make an excellent puzzle. I had a puzzle of weird characters that interlocked like this when I was a kid and loved it. Wonder where it went??

    Now that you've reached 100 posts are you going to abandon this theme and start a new blog? ha ha. I've never seen anyone do that before, but you're so darn good you collect followers effortlessly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally love this and it certainly would make an awesome puzzle. Congrats on your 100th Oddment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, folks! I'd love to make a puzzle of this someday!

    Ted, I'm really not fast, just compulsive. And I do have a bad habit of starting new blogs on a whim, but when I started this one I promised to keep it going "until my next birthday or until I go completely mad, whichever comes first!" Oh wait. Now I understand your question. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wonder whether it would be possible to color them using only three colors without any of the colors touching.

    If I had time, I would try it myself...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha, Isaac, maybe I should offer a coloring-book hi-res for anyone who wants to take on the challenge! I know the map theorem says you can do it in four, but three... might be tough. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Leah, congratulations on one hundred oddment posts!!! I love this uncolored...looks like an archeological find...a carved stone frieze. Thanks for your fabulous blog; you're such an original talent, and I adore my visits here!

    ReplyDelete