Saturday, March 31, 2012

Return of the Spring

Feeling very Springy lately! Not only has my favorite season returned in its full glory, but I have a new, old 1940's watch (from the Fleam) that requires winding, & it's making me think at least once a day about clockworks & their intricate springy beauty.

And besides, I'll take any excuse to draw curlicues & tendrils! How convenient that I'm working on the flora in my painting right now... this is one of many oddflower designs, more to come soon!

Photoshop with background illo added from Scientific American Handy Book of Facts and Formulae, 1918.

13 comments:

  1. This is really cool! I love that big flower and of course, the wonderful tendrils and curlicues. Those little spotted creatures are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the spirals spring off the wee creatures, a wonderful piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your work always sings about the wonders of nature! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wouldn't mind having a few of these(flowers and critters) here at Weedy Acres.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How big is this painting going to be? Is it a mural on the side of a building??

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are definitely the Queen of Curlicues...love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice. That flower looks dangerous to insects.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm enjoying the creatures whose symbiotic relationship with the plant has mysteriously developed to the point where their own curlicues sprout in between the plant's fronds. Nice to ponder. Which means another cup of coffee. Mmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those little creatures!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the wildness of the tendrils & curliques! And that flower has such character!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really beautiful, and a nice combination of colours!

    ReplyDelete